There are several ways to make a legacy gift. By including JABA in your planned giving, you can help ensure lasting support for the most pressing needs of older adults in central Virginia, without affecting your assets today. When you are ready to receive personalized assistance with your planning, we encourage you to give us a call. Of course, we also strongly recommend that you consult with your legal, financial and tax advisors when establishing any type of planned gift.
Here are Some of the Planned Giving Options:
- Outright Gift - You can give a donation of cash, securities, personal property or real estate. This outright gift can be deducted from your income taxes.
- Bequest in your Will or Trust - You can name JABA, Inc. as the beneficiary of your (full or partial) estate. This designation will allow your bequest to be excluded from your taxable estate.
- Life Insurance - You can give a gift of an existing or new policy naming JABA, Inc. as beneficiary. This designation will allow your life insurance to be excluded from your taxable estate.
- Retirement Assets - You can name JABA, Inc. as beneficiary of your (full or partial) retirement assets. This designation can help you avoid potentially high income/estate taxes on this asset.
- Real Estate - A gift of appreciated real property (such as your home, vacation property, vacant land, farmland, ranch or commercial property) can make a great gift to JABA, Inc. You can donate real estate (either in full or with a retained life estate) to JABA, Inc. and receive an immediate income tax deduction for the charitable value of the gift. If you are interested in donating real estate, contact Director of Philanthropy, Kim Peel at 434-817-5221.
- An Endowed Gift - An endowment is a fund of money, the principal of which is held in perpetuity and invested, from which we only use the return on the investment. Giving to our endowment helps JABA remain forward-looking and ready to meet our mission regardless of economic downturns. You can give a gift to JABA’s endowment through two funds; The Ombudsman Endowment, which supports our advocacy and intervention work on behalf of long-term care residents Ombudsman Program, and the Theresa A. Thomas Memorial Endowment, which provides support for JABA’s Health Services program. If you are interested in establishing an endowment fund at JABA, contact Director of Philanthropy, Kim Peel at 434-817-5221.
For Personal Assistance:
- Contact: Kim Peel, Director of Philanthropy
Hillsdale Main Office
JABA Main Office
674 Hillsdale Drive, Suite 9
Charlottesville, VA 22901
- Phone: 434-817-5221
Legal Name: Jefferson Area Board for Aging, Inc.
Tax I.D. Number: 54-0990078