Skip to content

I want to Give

Challenging economic times and a growing population of vulnerable older adults make your generosity more important than ever.  Please send a tax-deductible donation to JABA, Inc.  You may designate the gift to a particular program or location, or let us use it where it is most needed.  For more information, visit our profile and IRS form 990 on Guidestar.




Donate FAQs

Answers to your Questions about Giving

How can I contact JABA?

You may call us at 434-817-5222 or email JABA. You may also visit us at our main office at 674 Hillsdale Drive, Suite 9, Charlottesville, VA  22901. Contact our seven Community Senior Centers and Mountainside Senior Living.

How can I make a gift?

You may make a gift by using PayPal’s secure online giving form on this site. If you prefer, you may print out the donation form and mail it to JABA, Inc., 674 Hillsdale Drive, Suite 9, Charlottesville, VA  22901. You can also make a donation by telephone (VISA or Mastercard). Call Kim Peel, Director of Philanthropy, 434-817-5221.

What is JABA’s Legal Name?

All charitable gifts should be directed to the Jefferson Area Board for Aging, Inc., a charitable, tax-exempt organization located in Charlottesville, Virginia.

What is JABA’s Tax ID Number?

JABA’s Tax ID (EIN) number is 54-0990078. We are registered with the Commonwealth of Virginia as a charitable organization.

Can I make a gift in honor or memory of a special person?

Yes, we welcome gifts to honor or remember someone of your choice. You can give this gift online, by phone or by mail. Simply indicate this preference on your donation form.

Can I designate my gift to a certain program or community senior center?

Yes. While most people support our work through general support, you may also designate your gift to be used to support the work of a specific program or area that you are enthusiastic about. Choose from a list of services or call JABA’s development staff to discuss options at 434-817-5247. 

How can I designate JABA in my will?

Including JABA in your will can provide tax or other financial advantages to you or your heirs. Learn more here.

Does JABA provide legal or financial advice?

Our development office provides support for individuals who wish to make charitable gifts. We do not, however, offer legal or financial advice. We strongly recommend that individuals consult with their legal, financial and tax advisors as they consider any type of planned gift.

How can I get a copy of JABA's annual report?

To access a copy of our informational tax return (DRS form 990), click on Guidestar.

Still have questions about giving to JABA? We welcome your calls. Email Kim Peel, Director of Philanthropy or call 434-817-5221.

Keep in mind...




Say Thank You